Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Our First Drafts

Hope

Hope is what we fight for when everything else seems lost.
It is what pushes us from mountain to the other across.
It is the light in the darkness
and a shadow in the light
Hope is inside each and every one of us.
Don’t lose hope.
It is the inspiration of life.
It is the voice inside your head telling you to go on.
When you are sick it is the sensation that tells you that you will get better soon.
It is the voice inside every kid that tells them that they will get to be anything that they want to be.
In fact I think Obama had the same voice.
Don’t stop having hope.
If you do stop having hope, if you do remember that it will always be in your soul or heart.  
But the only thing I have to tell you is that hoe is better than anything else.  
I admire needy people because they don’t have anything but hope.  
They work harder than you think to protect their family.  
They work so hard and even sometimes with a smile on their face
because they have hope.
Actually I’ve heard some folks say, “My life is horrible!”  
It could be bad but not worse than them
Don’t lose hope, it isn’t anything like money or friends.
Hope!

Gabriela




Drawing

I need a pencil and paper
to express what I need to say  
I’m too sad to go and play  
What I need to say is too personal
and drawing is the only thing that will make me feel better  
I’m feeling empty by the death of that special something, my dreams  
And drawing can fix that,
crack into my heart.  
That’s all I need!  
I feel tight
and I need to draw!  
Please, please?

Salome




How do Cupcakes Make Me Fly

When I see cupcakes
I can’t resist
I feel impulse
I want to run and take it
I feel impulse
I want to take it all in one bite
I feel impulse
to fly

Nicole




I Need a Job

Look at this guy!
Oh, oh my!
He is so rich I could almost die!
I need a job
And that is so true
I could
almost moo
I need a job
maybe a spy
no, too rough
I would get fried
I need a job
a perfect one
but my search has just begun

Andres




Hop

Hop
Hop
I like to hop
I’m a hopping frog
Hop
Plop
Oops!
I think I fell in the water.

Martina




A Question for my Poem’s Perfection

I have a question
for my poem’s perfection
how can I answer
I hope it’s not me
It’s not why Fred French Fries does exist?
It’s not why Fog Frog Frowns it’s way
It’s not why worm’s horn forms a thorn
either why mustache has the gross tache
I have a question for my poem’s perfection
and I hope my question is right

Antonia




Life

Life sometimes is bad
Life sometimes is good
Have you ever felt happy
that can fiting in your imagination?
Have you ever felt so sad
that you want to cry?

Eduardo




I’m Sorry I Ate Your Mother’s White Shoe

I’m Sorry I Ate Your Mother’s White Shoe
I ate it all up
Cause it was like a tattoo
made out of bamboo
Now she’s gonna
ground me in the cellar with Loo
OMG, OMG I cry for that too

Gabriel




Tiarra

Tiarra is my doggie
she wiggles feet, tail, and nose
just for me

she is my
best friend we play
together

She has many friends
but I’m her best

she has orange
polkadots and long
floppy ears

she’s my best
friend and every
body believes it

Natalia




Mary Had a Little Bowl

Mary had a little bowl
little bowl
little bowl
Mary had a little bowl
that broke into a hole.

Aiden




Mylinic

Mylinic was a clinic
that I could not even resist!
There was a ship in the middle
and a mime in the diner!
But you would not believe what
I saw there
A dog as a waiter
and a cat as a nurse

Paulina




Hat oh Hat

The hats you can put on your head
so pretty so pretty
you can be there
You can put red, green, seed
any color you have for me.
If you want a spot or tot
any hat you want a lot

Alejandro




Potatoes

Potatoes are good
potatoes are brown
potatoes are big
potatoes are round
Potatoes!

Federico




Yesterday I Hit Myself

Yesterday I hit myself
with a giant shelf,
my head hurt
like it was
a broken cake
I did my Math facts
And I got them right
I will not tell anybody
what happened
it’s a secret with me
and that stupid
shelf

Mr. Pablo




The House on My Block

Old Ms. Broomshick lived on that house
She said it was haunted and went with Mouse
My block is terrified
My cat wants to hide
Before she left I asked her why
Why is she a scaredy cat?
I made her mad
She turned into a witch!
her skin was green
her hands were bony and thin
she went singing a little tune that went like this
“I’ll come back yeah
I’ll come back yeah
Think about that yeah”
Tonight I’m going to her old house with
Auce, Bauce, Cauc, Dauce, Eauce, Fauce, Gauce, Jauce, Lauce, and Nauce
We opened the door and
Aaahh
Ms. Broom stuck was right
She lived in a
haunted house

Ellen




I Think

I think my dad is the Lion King
hear how he snores
it sounds like a roar
I think my mom is the best
she is not a pest
I think my little brother is so loud
that on a screaming contest
he is so proud
I think my big brother is so annoying
that I want to see him going

Daniel




The Thinking Chair

I have a chair
she is brown and crowded
and a nightmare for my father
my mom is her boss
when I have to  sit there
thunders and lightning
go tzzz
tzz sounds my chair
tzz sounds my terror
tzz sounds my mom
when she is  mad at me
there

Camila




Me

I am me
I love to be me
because I am in a tree with no fleas
and I don’t have to sweep with Meep
Meep has pet sheep
and me wants to sleep with Meep
and I want to keep his sheep
and I always said sweet
I take off my shoes and see my feet
we go on the TV and
we see meet the parents next doo  r
There is a creep

Brandon




Jam

Cam likes jam
sometimes it comes in a can
and it comes with a brand
new man and he likes to eat
sand and that is pretty nasty for a
man because he is an omnivore
not a sandivore

Pablo




Math

Math Math Math
Boring old Math
Math stinks
Math why do you exist?
Oh how many units and numbers
they make my head want to explode
Will Math ever end?
I hope you do

Ellen




This is My House

This is my house
I wish
you had
a house
like
this
you are
a very good person
you will
you must
have a
house
like this.

Andres




My Lobster’s Bakery

My lobster’s bakery is really unlike any other
because in other bakeries they could serve the same things.
Here we have pancakes with worms on the top
and we also serve ice cream with some snot.
Let’s not forget the cheesecake made of grass
or the break baked with some glass.
We have hamburgers with eyes
and werewolf claws baked and fried.
We also have mouse tails mixed with snails
and algae with dodeler eggs
and to drink we have worm pee
and lettuce for some taste.
We also have mashed octopus
with extra sprinkles on top.
So what do you think about this bakery?
Fun isn’t it?

Natalia




Work

The people are screaming
Do your work!
And they don’t
they don’t hear
anybody
and they don’t
do not think

Eduardo




Life

Life sometimes is bad,
Life sometimes is good.
Have you ever felt so happy
that you can’t fit it in your imagination?
Have you ever felt very sad that
you want to cry?

Eduardo




Morning Song

I sneelzed up on the morning
before the night was done
The sky had one foot in one out of bed
Upon the sleep-time blackness
The fingers of the sun
were fingers-painting streaks of wake-up red
Outside my bedroom window
birds argued in a tree
Was it chirp or was it not chirp dawn?
until as far and wide and wide adn high as I could see
I could see to see
I saw the darkness going, going, going

Pablo Stuart




Bathroom

I got to go to the bathroom
but Mr. Chris
doesn’t let me
but you
Mrs. Rachel
will let me go
because I will
really, really explode!

Pablo



Happiness

When I’m happy
I feel free
to do what I want to do
I’m free to express my feelings
It feels as if I ruled
a paradise
and no one can
demand you
today is your day
today it’s your rules
happiness is like a dream

Gabriel




Looking for a Friend

I need a friend
I need one now
I never said I wanted a cow
or however you say
I put up a sign that says
Wanted:  a new friend
I’ll need a friend
not for a lend
without a friend I would die
Dad, why do you want to see American Pie?
Why, pie, why, why?
The bye bye!
Oh a call came
maybe from a new friend
Oh no
zoo-wee-mama

Daniel




Love

Love is the sensation
when two people love each other
You feel every second of that moment
of your heart beating, hardly
It is an invitation to see
inside your body
into your soul
and in deeply in your heart
Love is the most beautiful part of life
Without love there would be nobody ever after
Love is like a pinch of suger in yuor heart
you can’t resist
You’re heart beats fast
It is so beautiful!
Love, oh love
There is a day for love
because we all know that love
is so beautiful that it deserves a day!

Gabriela




Yubbazubbies

Yubbazubbie, you are yummy
you are neat and so sweet
ou are splendidly delicious
and you are cute, cute, cute
“Eat us if you please”
a pit like candy apple and a feeling
soft, not heavy or light
a bit like caramel, delish
you are like a glass of chocolate milk
You Zubbazubies
make an explanation of a boom in my heart
and I start feeling like
if I was waiting for my
soul up there in the cloud
where you walk with my thoughts
where you twist
and I feel a tornado

Isabella




Mad

Mosquitos buzzing
by my ear
also my loud dog
barking

Martina




Reading Makes Me Sleep

Reading makes me sleep
every time I read it
makes me fleep
reading makes me eat,
reading makes me lazy
every time I read
I go to sleep

Federico





Chocolate

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate
delicious chocolate
I like all the chocolate
I need chocolate all the time
I want to take a gigantic bite
so big that I eat all
when I see chocolate
I feel in another world
jump
run
I like chocolate
yum yum chocolate

Nicole




Pencil

Pencils are my life
they help me draw and write
whenever I need
it gives you an idea of what
you have in your mind
and in a weird way
pencils are your mouth
they help you talk on paper
and mime while you draw
they are you
they write your life’s feelings
pencils are my life
are they yours?

Salome




Candy Complaint

Ouch ouch
these dang mos candies
why am I so sweet
they love to eat
my feet
ouch, ouch
sssshhtt sssshhtt
let’s get some mos candy spray
meanwhile I will hid in the hay
so please go get the spray
ouch ouch

Hunter




Cats and Kittens

So fluffy, cute, small
and those eyes!
Oh...
look at that boy with his cat
and look the cat is the boy’s best friend
how cute
that cat

Daniela




Eat a Cake

Eat a cake
make and bake
eat a cake

brownies
made with lots of cake
eat a brownie-cake

cupcake
make a cake
then bake
make small
with aid
eat a cup-cake-brownie

muffins
muff muff
wuff, wuff
mixing muffins
with mittens
eat a muffin-brownie-tiny cup-with cake

Antonia




My Cow Hates Me

Ohh cow
Ohh my cow
why do you hate me
ohh cow
I
Know you sound
ugly and your face
is wierd too
but we can be friends
in a weird way too
your ugly sound makes me crazy
and your weird face too
you just need some make up
that’s not the...

Camila



Permission Slip

I forgot my permission slip at home
and today is the field trip
my teacher is gonna kill me
so my teacher opened her mouth
and screamed
how could you forget your permission slip
I said teacher
I’m sorry but at least my parents signed it
but then I found in my notebook
and gave it to Mrs. K
My cheeks were red
when she read it aloud
I accidently gave her a love note
so then I found another paper
alina but it accidentally said Camila
but at last I found my permission slip
on the floor
but to bad I was already alone
so when Mrs. K came back
I handed her my permission slip
but it was not signed
so I forgot my permission slip at school
and it was not signed
I wonder where
our next field trip will be
because I am ready
signed

Paulina



No comments:

Post a Comment